Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Welcome to Domesticology 101!!!

Almost seven years ago, I met the man of my dreams. He was starting his post-doc in North Carolina when we fell in love. He warned me that his time in Raleigh was temporary, and if we were to have a future together, we would someday move. Being in love (lust...whatever), I said yes with glistening stars in my eyes. He was hot and smart. Can you blame me?

Holy poop balls, he was serious! 

Earlier this year, he told me he had been offered a job in Western Kentucky. There are people there? I asked. Apparently so, and one FINE university. So feeling a little bit like Granny Clampett, we loaded up the truck(s) and moved to Ken-Tuck-EEE. The best part was I was just a week postpartum when he told me this (good timing, Dr. Z), and getting used to being a mommy again at the age of 44. Last time I had a baby, Clinton was president. Go ahead and do the math. It's been a long damn time!

Now I find myself leaving the wacky world of Real Estate and becoming a full time SAHM (that's stay at home mom in baby message board lingo), and I'm loving it! Is it without challenges? Nope, but that is why this blog was created. I needed an outlet to share my ideas and to have a project. I always need a project - I'm weird like that. Maybe something I blog about here will help someone else. 

One of the main opportunities - sounds better than challenges, right? - was to find creative ways to save money. Frugality is going to be a main focus of this site, and you can be sure I'll post every method I've found to save a penny and be the cheap bitch I am. If you like being frugal, this site may be for you!

Not only that, I'm channeling my inner Martha Stewart - praise her domestic goddess name. The Holy One, Martha, is a domestic genius. I can only hope that I can live up to her brilliance. Cooking and baking, decorating and entertaining have always been hobbies of mine. Now for the first time in my life, I actually have time to grow those skills. 

Hopefully you'll find this blog useful! 

Fondly,
Amanda Z 
Domesticology

No comments:

Post a Comment