Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's French Toast!

Happy New Year friends! There is nothing like the start of a new year to begin fresh and approach life in a different way. Good luck achieving all that you set out to do, and hopefully, you'll spend some time with us at Domesticology101.com!

My guys looked kind of hungry this morning, so it seemed like a great day for French Toast. Everyone has their own recipe, but I thought I would share mine.  Let's step into my kitchen...

AmandaZ's French Toast




1/2 loaf French Bread (preferably a little stale)
5 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk or cream
2 tablespoons butter

Cut bread into slices. I find that half a loaf gave me about 12 slices.


 Beat eggs and add milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium sized mixing bowl. Beat again until nice and fluffy.



Heat frying pan or skillet. Add butter, but don't cook too high. You don't want your butter to get yucky and brown. I like cooking mine in my trusty cast iron pan.



Drop two slices of bread into the egg mixture. Don't take out right away! Let it soak for a minute or so. I use tongs to move the bread from the bowl to the pan. If you use a fork, the bread will tear.



Once in the pan, I sprinkle the tops with cinnamon again. I really like cinnamon. Skip this step if you don't.

Cook slowly until brown on both sides, but not overcooked! If it's hard, it's not delicious. Once done, you can sprinkle with powdered sugar, syrup or just eat it plain. Enjoy!

Fondly,
Amanda Z
Domesticology

No comments:

Post a Comment